With my background in industrial controls and leadership positions in the International Society of Automation (ISA), control system integrators are near and dear to my heart. I have lots of friends and colleagues who work in that industry. Over the past few years, I’ve conducted dozens of digital marketing assessments for control system integrators and other automation companies. I thought it would be interesting to conduct an industry-wide assessment and see how the industry as a whole is adapting to digital marketing trends.
We randomly selected 100 North American control system integrators and assessed their digital marketing effectiveness against 32 separate criteria. These criteria are divided into 5 categories:
- Design & Usability: How well does the website welcome visitors and communicate the company’s unique value proposition?
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): Is the website optimized in order to receive organic search traffic and is paid search being leveraged?
- Content Marketing: Is there content available on the website to attract visitors and generate links because it offers value to prospective leads?
- Social Media: Does the website connect with multiple, active and engaged social media channels?
- Marketing Funnel: Are there offers for visitors to enter the marketing funnel at every stage, not simply the bottom, sales stage?
For more details, read the original post 2015 Control System Integrators Digital Marketing Benchmark Report.
Latest posts by Jon DiPietro (see all)
- Candidate Boot Camp - June 17, 2016
- Liberty Digital Marketing - September 1, 2015
- 2015 Control System Integrators Digital Marketing Benchmark Report - March 25, 2015